Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Mdaemon Mail to New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISdad

Technical User
May 5, 2004
Hello. I have just started a new job and am new to mdaemon. I am wanting to know how to move the mdaemon mail to a new server. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Jim

There is documentation for doing this on the AltN site. To see it formatted a bit better than below, go the MDaemon FAQ page.

In order to move MDaemon to a new machine you should first remove the MDaemon service. To remove MDaemon as a service
Go to Setup
Click on System Service Settings
Click on Remove Service
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your MDaemon directory. Make a backup of the entire directory. Make a note of the directory where you currently have MDaemon installed
Copy the entire MDaemon directory from the old machine to the new machine
Download and install the correct version of MDaemon into the same directory that it was installed in on the old machine
NOTE: You must install into the same directory. If you install MDaemon into a different directory it will result in a new installation and it will not retain all of your settings.
At the end of the installation you will be prompted to run Advanced Installation. Select 'no' here.
Start MDaemon by going to
Start
Programs
MDaemon
Start MDaemon.
From the MDaemon menu bar select
Setup
System Service Settings
Install Service.

Hope this helps!

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Hi,
I am very interested by this topic because I have troubles with my MDAEMON Server.
From these explanations, I do not see on my system the following lines
" Go to Setup
Click on System Service Settings
Click on Remove Service,..."

Can you perhaps add eaven a map ?

Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back