Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving MAS90 3.21 To A New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtam3044

Technical User
Oct 24, 2014
US
We are a registered user of MAS90 3.21. We bought it over 20 years ago and have since lost all the CD's. Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of MAS90 Version 3.21 installation CD's?

Thank you in advance.

I have a backup of the whole MAS90 directory on the NT server. Any suggestions on how we can move to a Server 2003 32-Bit server?

Wow, what a coincidence. After many months of a staged server migration, I just did a move yesterday (11/1/14) of MAS 90 for Windows 3.71 from an SBS 2003 server to Server 2012 R2 Standard. This procedure only works with MAS 90 for Windows 3.71 and maybe prior versions, but apparently nothing newer.

The key seems to be that **IF** you have no customizations of the programming (whatever that means...I am an IT guy, not a programmer), then you can copy the entire folder to a new server. You need to assign the Everyone group Full Control permissions to its parent folder on the new server, and then copy the contents to the new folder. My folder structure is D:\90W\MAS90 on the old server, and E:\90W is the new parent, so I assigned Full Control to E:\90W and all subfolders, and copied the whole D:\90W folder's contents from the old server to the new one.

I thought that I would need to re-run the workstation setups, but on a hunch, I asked my client's MAS 90 support people if just changing the mapped M: drive from old server to new server would work, because the shortcut just points to the mapped drive. Sure enough, changing the login script to delete the old mapping and re-map to the new server was all that was needed.

Gregg Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back