Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving MAS 90 to new server

Status
Not open for further replies.

danree

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
I need to do a fresh install of MAS 90 on a new server running WINNT 4. I have WINNT install, I've installed the fresh copy of MAS 90. I know I need the modules starting with ap(company name) etc. But what am I missing. Is there a way to backup all data, including company info. Any help or helpful URL's is appreciated.

Thanks,

danree

Are you moving MAS90 due to software issues, or just new hardware?

If you are just moving to new hardware, without any previous issues, and as long as you installed the same version of MAS90, just copy the whole MAS90 directory over once you have done the install.

I would copy the mas 90 directory first and install over it. You don't have to put in activation codes and it just works better. I would just look at the modules installed on the existing machine and install the same ones. Of course you have to reinstall all the workstations but it goes quick.

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

Thanks for the info. What I'm attemping to do is to install a new hard drive on a server. I want to start fresh with NT and Mas 90. The Mas 90 on the current server is extremely slow. I'm hoping after moving everything to the new drive I can get some speed back. On my test server I have copied the MAS90 from the old server, then did a reinstall from the MAS 90 CD. I can see data but none of the company or user info is there. Are there config files that will restore that info? Thanks for the help.

I have the same kind of issue with danree.
Currently have mas200 v3.71 is running on a winnt sp6a w/500mhz cpu as a BDC. I am trying to upgrade the server to a dual 3.2ghz, win2k and mas200. I will also need to upgrade the PDC to a win2k also.
Please advice what will be the most efficient way to achieve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back