Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

olana

Technical User
Sep 2, 2002
DE
I have an exchange 5.5 environment with 3 sites. I want to move several mailboxes from one site to another. Are there microsoft or third party tools that would enable such action?

Thanks

Search for information on exmerge.exe. It is a utility to move recipients from one server to another, on different sites.

If it's the same site, there is a built in function under the tools menu (Move mailbox). That only works if both servers are in the same Exchange site.

If you use exmerge, the SMTP address cannot be created in the new mailbox until you delete the old SMTP and the sites replicate.

Good luck!

Thank you for immediate response. We have servers at 3 sites. Therefore I can't use the built in function of moving mailboxes. Are there any other tools apart from exmerge?

Thanks

You could use the export option in Outlook, export to a pst, then import to new mailbox. Depends how many mailboxes you need to move, bit time consuming, exmerge is much better.

Regards
jpaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back