Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving IPO 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuterBD

Programmer
Jul 2, 2008
US
Hi Guys/Gals,

I've got a customer who is moving their IPO from one location to another. My boss is fairly insistent that there is a bunch of programming changes that need to be done in order for the system to move, but I don't think there is that much to it. My boss doesn't really know the IPO that well so I think she's just being cautious.

As far as I know, nothing it being changed when it moves from one site to another besides adding a few more users.

Is anyone aware of any additional programming that may need to go into it because of it moving? Not sure if it matters, but the IPO is part of a small community network.

Thanks!

Are they moving their lines? if not the new ddi's will need to be programmed.

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

I would also verify they will be using the same IP addresses for there network at the new location, otherwise you will have to change all the IP addresses in the IPO for the IPO LAN, voicemail server, IP Lines, IP Routes, etc.

If you are getting a new IP address range that will effect yours and the other systems in the SCN also :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Thank you for the quick responses!

They are keeping the same IP address range, so I don't think that will be a problem and I believe they are moving their lines as well. I will double check with them of course.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Thank you again for your help :)

no worries, if you get problems post here.

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back