Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving IIS to another domain? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruby

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2003
US
Is there a way to backup all the IIS server information using Veritas backup? We are preparing to move IIS to another server my plan is to move the folders to the new server on another domain then create Virtual directories to these folders this should work but just wondering if any is using Veritas to backup and restore to another domain.

Thanks, Scruby

I do not beleive Veritas has this functionality.

Hi Scruby,
I was wondering if you have completed your project moving IIS server to another machine. I have a very similar project coming up. I am looking for ideas on how to move a stand alone Win2K IIS5 server to Win2K3 IIS6 box that also has to join the AD domain.
Any input is appreciated.

No I have not started yet on this project, but it looks like I will have to move the files over manually to the new server and start to debug from that point. let me know if you have any luck finding a better way of performing this process.

Scruby

If you have both servers online, you can use iiscnfg to copy complete metabase from one server to another with all necessary translations. With this command you will have to supply account/password pairs for both server's admin accounts. Only thing left is to copy files to exactly same locations on new server.

Hi,

Can we use iiscnfg for IIS 5?

Thanks,
Winoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back