Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Groupwise to new Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjsj1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2005
GB
Morning all

I have read a few posts here regarding moving GW to a new volume as it resides on Sys at the moment so i thought i would have a go at moving it.

1. I have NW copied the Mail, Postof and software directories to the new volume
2. Adjusted the paths in the following files
.MTA
.POA
Webacc.waa
Gwia.ncf

And did changed the path in C1 so I could administer the PO
Also renamed the old directories after the copy just in case something went wrong and I could set it back.

It all fires up ok but seem to create a new Postof directory on the Sys drive and stores the emails in there instead of the new place. So when the mail comes in it doesn’t get to the mailbox.

i went back to the old volume and it is all working as normal again but would still like to know what i have missed.

Has anybody got any ideas why this is happening I am sure there is something that I am omitting to do but can’t figure out what it is?

Cheers for anybody’s help

I think i have found out what i am missing out it looks like i have missed the UNC path in the Domain and PO propites in the tree. will try it when I get back home to see if it works.

If there is something else then please feel free to let me know

May need to edit your GRPWISE.NCF file as well, to point to the new PO and DO....

Heres the list for moving a post office.

x=your names

x.poa
x.mta
x.waa (if webacc is installed)
gwia.cfg

After the renaming you need to select the correct domain when loading C1.
If you rename the old PO and Domain directories and fire up GW and if there are any problems and you have missed something somewhere then it will re-create the directories again in the old volume.

Then the link configuration in C1 under the post office container.

The unc link in mta and post office in C1

I think that is all of it if anyone can see I have missed something then please add to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back