Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving General Delivery Mailbox - Message Waiting etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSI_Guy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2021
US
Hello all, I've used this forum for many years, this is the first issue I cannot seem to find an answer to!

I am trying to move the General Delivery Mailbox, in the sense of whose phone the "Message Waiting" alert appears on and has quick access to view the General Delivery messages.

I assumed that it was tied to the "Operator" function (moved from x.255 to x.240), however after changing the Operator extension, everything has moved over except the General Delivery Mailbox. The big issue though, is now the phone that had the Operator function and still has the General Delivery Mailbox won't allow me to create a new custom mailbox at that extension. (If it matters, changing the operator in the "AA" menu did not work, I had to locate the Operator listed inside our Greeting Table and change the extension there)

F983-1020000-MBOX-DEL-(255) shows the mailbox getting deleted, it finds one named "NONAME" and doesn't provide any errors during deletion - however, going through the same method to add a new MBOX, it says the extension is already assigned...

I have verified that the General Delivery Mailbox is tied to the extension 100, but I cannot find any association between that and the x.255...

I am not positive on the software version, either 1.7 or 1.9 - but it's a Modular ICS on R7.1 platform

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Simply put DN 225 as the ext for mailbox 100. If DN 225 has a mailbox already associated you will have to delete it first.

Marv ccna

It's right under your nose.... "General Delivery Mailbox is tied to the extension 100"

"but I cannot find any association between that and the x.255"
Change the Ext: from 100 to 255

All those other places you mention is to point 0 (when pressed from AA) to the DN of choice such as reception set's DN.

Setup and Operation Guide is the one you need to keep handy.

Soon as you log into F983 press 9 to see the correct version.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hey, thanks to you both! I wasn't sure if changing anything on the ext.100 properties would break the General Delivery MB, but sure enough I was able to change the extension in there to the correct extension.

Much appreciated! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back