Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving from VM Pro Linux to Windows 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmessick

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
US
I have been using the application server, but need to move to the windows VM Pro for the DB lookup functions. I backed up the data from the linux install using both the import\export data thing under the file menu, and the one on the preferences screen. I also copied over all the wav files. If I look at the new box in the client all the call flows are listed, the prompts play file, however if I cut the IPO over to the new server none of the prompts play. If I leave a new message it does show on the extension. Any idea what to look for?

So the WAV file does not play..? if you look in the folder that holds the WAV files, can you click on them and do they play..?

in the admin tool they play just fine, but if you dial the group they don't play.

Check the file structure. I went through his process about as month ago and was unsuccessful on the restore. I just dragged the folders over I required but linux file structure has a . in the file name.
Remove the ( . )

I used to have super powers but my therapist took them away...

looks like thats it. There are periods in the file names.

this is still giving me trouble.

I backed up the config form the old one using both the import\export under file and the backup on the preferences menu.

I restored both of these into the windows server, the restore finishes with errors. There was a bunch of stuff missing.

I ftp'ed the accounts, names, greetings, wav's folder over.

I wrote a script to rename any files with a leading period.

Started the server, it works but dialing in does not find the old prompts. Oddly, the management tool plays them just file.

Any other ideas?

I believe this might be your issue . You have duplicate files within each account

Accounts:MSGNUM,STATUS,LASTIME etc.The files might be "hidden" so you would need to show hidden files.
Removed these files from each account after the install that VM Pro configures by default and replace them with the ones you copied from the linux server.

Accounts: When moving from linux to windows a . is fronted on the file names.The . needs to be removed
IE .intuity.txt
.msgnum.txt
.status.txt
.lastats.txt
.latime.txt
.grtgantn.txt

after this is competed stop the VM Pro Service and restart.

-Done

I used to have super powers but my therapist took them away...

for thuse not familiar with linux/unit and are interested in why this is the case

The . prefix is used in Linux/Unix to mark the file as hidden

why Avaya feel they need to be hidden files & therefore have a slightly different name to the windows variants is anybodys guess.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back