Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving from NT to Nokia IP350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piloria

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2002
GB
We will be moving off our old NT box to a new IP350. as this will be my first Nokia box are there any problems that anyone knows about that are likely to jump at me. config tweeks or just plain nasty suprises that i have to look forward to?

We have been using Nokia IP 530's and IP330's for just over year now. For the most part, we have had very little problems with the Nokia box and their OS. Any of the real headache problems has been with CheckPoint application. The one area to watch out for is the guidbedit utility, we made manual edits, then when we went to upgrade, we couldn't, because we manually edited the objects.C file. We had to manually recreate everything.

There are some good scripts to automate some of the admin task on these boxes.

Objects.C get re-written with every rulebase install!!

Register on the Nokia support website, have your box serial handy. support.nokia.com. B-)
Brian, CCSE
brian@domain-integrity.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back