Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOVING EXCHANGE TO NEW SERVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microhard

MIS
Apr 2, 2001
US
I tried the search engine to see if this was previously asked, I was surprised to see nothing poping up in the search on this subject.

I was wondering if anyone had some good white papers they could point me to about moving exchange off an exsisting server into a new one. I basicly have an old legacy Compaq that I bought a replacement for and now I need to move the contents of this server over seemlessly to the new server. I would like to keep the old server name and make it so that I make no changes at the desktops, and the users don't notice anything changing. Except of course that the performance of the server is better. This server is one of many in a large corporation so I will need to add it and make sure that it won't conflict with the other servers within the domain. I would like to take over the computer name and IP and mirror the old machine.

Anyone have any guidelines or white papers on this and how to make it happen?

Thanks!

Never mind I found a white paper by MS showing how to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back