Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving e-mail to another folder causes it to be duplicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate17

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
KW
Please help - I have moved an e-mail (drag and drop) to another folder within Outlook 2000. This e-mail has now been recreated in both folders over a thousand times (all unread). We are running FTGate on our server, and when I rebooted the server and my machine, it seems to have stopped creating the e-mail. I would like to know what is wrong so I can prevent it from happening again. Thanks any one who can help me.

I've had a similar problem however it started when I drag and dropped 2 email messages from the inbox to deleted items. Next thing you know I kept getting the same two messages and new email, over 200 times, filling my mailbox. I did exactly what you did. I rebooted my computer as well as the mail server, and it helped. I never had the problem again since and it's been a month. We also have another user who has a similar problem with netfolders too. They won't send out or update, but the keep duplicating in the outbox exceeding 1000 messages. I'm not sure, but there could possibly be some sort of glitch with old and non-microsoft affiliated mail servers. We are a small company and we are STILL using Microsoft Mail, which is old. I hope that the both of us can find solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back