Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peitzza

Technical User
Apr 13, 2000
US
does anyone know if theres a way to move the cursor to a certain part of a webpage when the page loads?

any ideas would be GREATL appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance. [sig]<p>Peter Heaton<br><a href=mailto:heaton@characterlink.net>heaton@characterlink.net</a><br><a href= it how ever you want</a><br> [/sig]

I don't think there is a way to do it with either IE or NS. What exactly do you want to accomplish by moving the mouse to a particular spot? [sig][/sig]

well, i really wanted to make the cursor seemingly disappear, by eaither changing the look of the cursor(to small dot or something) or moving it somewhere people would see it. or something else but those were the only things i could think of that would accomplish what i want to do?

any other ideas would be appreciated! [sig]<p>Peter Heaton<br><a href=mailto:heaton@characterlink.net>heaton@characterlink.net</a><br><a href= it how ever you want</a><br> [/sig]

To change the cursor is possible, but there is no present &quot;pointer&quot; that is small enough to &quot;disapear&quot; from view. You'd have to create your own and store it on the site, but how to get it to work, I'm not sure. Flash and Director from macromedia have something similar, but it wouldn't work very well unless it was the background, and I'm not even sure that's possible. might work to your advantage. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back