Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving CP 100 from CICS to MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetroMan

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
CA
Hey everyone, just moved a client's CP 100 from the CICS ver 4.1 to a new MICS with a slightly used 6.1 non-xc software. Now, I will admit that I have put it on a different DN, and I am programming the MICS from sctatch, but the thing just wont come back up, doesn't show up in the maintenance session, but does ring when i call the DN. The port light stays off, but the DN is fine when I plug in a 7316E. The F 903 gives a "feature inactive" as does f 985 and f 983....

Any Thoughts? I am stuck in a foreign city with this!

Thanks !
Trev.

Give Call Pilot a good 5 minutes to boot up for one.
Double check your connections for the other 3 ports (2 pairs per mod cord).
Try putting it back to the DN it was on....then change the DN back to what it was while vmail is up and running.

If still no work then hook up a laptop via Hyper terminal and reboot the CP and see what happens or where it gets stuck....post it here if need.

I didn't think that the CP 100 used 2 pairs, It's a 4-Port right? The CP 150 is 8-Port with the 2-Pairs.... The Flash were 4-port as well with the expander, using the 2nd B-Channel......

I don't think I have ever given a CP 100 more than a single pair per port, due to the 2nd B-Channel.

Thoughts?

like curlycord said - serial cable hyper terminal is the best bet to see whats happening

Hey fellas, turned out that the power supply was on it's last legs, I swapped it, and it came to life right away....

Thanks for the backup, sometimes you need to know that you haven't lost your mind completely!

You gotta love those cp p/s!!

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back