Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving continous form view on specified record

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivoef

Programmer
May 8, 2002
CZ
Hi,

I have a continous form (like datasheet) and I want, after requerying underlying recordset which makes the first record to be viewed, to move the current view to the record which user have selected before.

I use form property SelTop to move the specified record to the first viewed line. It works fine in Access 2000. But not in Access 97.

Does anybody know another solution which will work in Access 97?

Thanks

Ivo

This was new functionaity added to 2000 as far as I know. For 97 you will have to store the primary key of where you were at that then search the for data for that.

Nick

Hi Nick,

I am trying to remeber some usefull information for later colling FindFirst method on RecordsetClone. Then I use Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bokmark.

But It doesn't seem to work correctly. Do you any other idea?

Ivo

not sure I never really use that property.

I would have just stored those values in a variable and then use the find functions of the form docmd object I think.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back