Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving CE Host Server to new domain 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brs154

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2003
US
Hello,
I have recently been trying to move my CE server (the computer it is running on) to a new domain. I know the hastles with renaming, but I didn't change name only domain. Anyway, the only way I can connect to the CMC web is to set up a new web comp server, but this in turn shuts down the input, output, report, and page servers. I can log on, but can't look at any reports. When I created the new web comp server the default server name it gave was Server.xyz.com. When I first set things up it gave only Server. So this may be the issue. All the other servers are using only the Host name. (don't know how this is resolved by CE)
Hope this isn't too confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sorry,
it is CE8 on Win 2000 server w/ IIS 5.

I was afraid of that. Oh well, I will restore the server and follow that process.
Thanks

Hi,
Yep..been there done that.[hairpull]

Actually it works fine, just be sure you create/configure/start/enable the CMS first ( pointing to your existing data, so all your info is retained) , then recreate the other servers, being sure the input/output ones point to your existing FRS locations....

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks
Everything worked okay, but I had to manually change the CI_APS table in the database, and remove the CI_INFOOBJECTS records for the old INPUT, OUTPUT, and Web Comp servers.

Hi,
Odd..I just deleted the old servers, recreated them one at a time and specified the existing file directories for the FRS/Input and FRS/output..When the new APS( CMS is v10 speak) started up, it used the existing CI_INFO stuff- I had an external database for storing my APS info, so that may have been why I could just recreate it with the data intact..

Glad you got it to work...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I would like to thank TurkBear and brs154 for this invaluable thread. I have been trying to set up load balancing on a Win2003 server for IIS. My CE system is v10 and it is currently clustered and working very well. When we introduced load balancing for the IIS servers, I started receiving a Web Component Error: 'Communication Error' intermittantly from one of my clustered CE servers. BO tech support told me to delete and recreate all of my CE services to include a fully qualified domain name (server.domain.net.cms for example). What they didn't tell me was that there were very specific steps that had to be followed. The link to the ce_renaming_system.pdf was invaluable. The error has now stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back