Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving CallPilot Server from Expansion to Main Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelter6

Technical User
Mar 18, 2014
JP
Hello,

I need to consolidate two cabinets of Opt11c to 1 cabinet. Currently, our callpilot server is sitting on slot 5 and 6 of expansion. Is there anyone who have done to move CP server to other cabinet? Your any response would be greatly appreciated.

So, I want to move CP from expansion to somewhere in the main cabinet.

It's a lot easier than you think. Just don't use slot 9 and 10.

If you know the TN you'll be using, you can run the configuraton wizard and update the CP Manager ahead of time. You can leave the numbers as is, the only number that needs to change is the TN, everything else can stay the same. Once you make the change and completed the wizard, shutdown the CP, unseat it and delete your current port on the PBX and rebuild them on the new TN. Once rebuilt, seat the card in the appropriate slot, power up and you should be good to go, if not, rerun the config wizard and verify your port info, TN, SCN and PID.

if you plan on using all new numbers for the voiceport, then build them ahead of time and run the config wizard and enter the new info. Complete the wizard, shutdown, move to new slot, power up, done.

unless there's a glaring reason to change IP or numbers, leave it as is. The only thing that requires changing is the TN of the port when moving from expansion cabinet to main.

All the Mail agents in slots 5 and 6 on the expansion cabinet will need to be removed and rebuilt again in the same way on the main cabinet.

The Call Pilot wizard will need to be run and the Agent's TN's changed to the new card slots and then have the Call Pilot rebooted.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website =

Thank you so much for you response. Okay, I did exactly take same steps you guys showed me, and it looked everything fine, but CDN didn't rout properly. I changed TNs in the configuration wizard for its channels, and rebuilt the CP server in the main cabinet. That all I did. I am guessing maybe the slot that I took has bad back plain. Because, when I tested with Dgtl card in the same slot, red ramp was sitting all the time even I have programmed digital set within that card. I will try again with different slot. I hope it will take a server and CDN properly. Do you have any suggestions that I should take a look at before trying different slot?

You can try manually deaquiring the CDN, running through the config wizard again including language installation and then rebooting the CallPilot. You don't necessarily have to change anything in the config wizard this time but make sure the TN's for the mail agents are set correctly while you bump through it. And the language installation piece seems to do a pretty thorough reset on the CallPilot DSP's so it's worth doing.

DEACQUIRE A CDN

LD 23
REQ DACR
TYPE CDN
CUST 0
CDN XXXX

I seriously doubt the CDN is the issue. My guess is there is something wrong with the agent config.

Just make sure you're not using slot 9 and 10 in the main cab

Not sure what the myth is about slots 9 & 10, from the NTP

You can place the unit in Slot 9 of an Option11C as the unit can function from slots 9 and
10. Do not place the unit in slot 10. Even though the unit can physically fit, there is no
electrical connection on the backplane to slot 11

Option 11C
1 through 9 in any Option 11C cabinet

Not a myth - below is direct from the NTP. If you only have 8-12 ports, it may not be a problem, but more than 12...you're the one gambling.

When installing a CallPilot 201i IPE server in any Option 11 cabinet, both of the server backplane connectors must be installed in slots 1-9 to receive proper power. Neither connector can reside in Slot 10 on the Opt11 cabinet. The server receives necessary 12V power from the switch via two backplane connectors on the left and right-hand side of the server.
In an Option 11 cabinet, slots 1 through 9 provide 12V power. Slot 10 provides 5V power.

you must have missed the note that states - both of the server backplane connectors must be installed in slots 1-9 to receive proper power.

They must have left that out of the August 2010 NTP. Never had an issue doing this but I have also never seen any more than 6 or 8 ports of voice mail all configured in slot 9.

Yes, it was the agent issue in the pbx side. What I had to do was to build new TN with ACD for new slot from scratch, in this case it is slot 7 and 8. Once I created 2008 agent for each channel, it took CDN properly and worked fine. You guys gave an ideas and took me right place. I really appreciate your post and discussion about this topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back