Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving an Exchange 5.5 Server to Another Exchange 5.5 Server 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekquest

Vendor
Feb 1, 2003
AU
hey guys,

I am looking to upgrade my exchange 5.5 server computer to a new 2ghz, 512mb ram, scsi disks etc pc, something a bit more powerful than the current p500mhz with 256mb ram!,

my question is, I want to set up the new pc, install windows nt4 on it as well as exchange 5.5, but i want to know how i can transfer users and routing information etc over, is their an easy way to do this?

thanks,

Luke

Hi everybody
we just followed Fuego007 instructions and it worked, except for a little problem, we can't received emails, we have been testing everything as we have a MS proxy server 2.0, sending emails from hotmail to our internal mailboxes, nothing goes through the new server, if we connect the old server every single email goes through the mailboxes.
any idea? btw, we can send emails ...

thanks
MEFR
(-:

does your proxy opens ports for SMTP/POP for the new server's IP, like ours, its mapped to a specific IP so the proxy knows how to delivery once inside of FW

Here's the problem:

Migrated from Win NT/Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003/Exchange 2003. Now, the pub.edb from Exchange 5.5 didn't come across via PST properly. How can I get the Exchange 5.5 server back from only having a Seagate online backup of DS & IS? I don't have the old PDC or SAM!! In other words, can I build an NT server with Exchange 5.5 and restore these or will it never work since it'll be a new SID??

Thanks, John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back