Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving ACD phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt6322

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
US
I will be moving and swapping 30 ACD phones from one location to another, but will not make any programming changes on the phones. Could I just move the phones without de-acquiring the phonesets from Symposium and then disabling the TN from the PBX ?

Your expert advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You will get many replies to this question, all will say never, repeat never, move or swap an ACD set, always out the set then re-build it in the new location.

You will get many replies to this question, all will say never, repeat never, move or swap an ACD set, always out the set then re-build it in the new location.

that should be written in stone, i'be talked to nortel about blocking the chg or mov command for acd set, it wouldn't be that hard. guess they like the $ for rebuilding your os so you can re-enter data..always makes your day when tech support ask, "How fast can you type?"

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Just making sure that I could just physically remove the phones from the phone jacks, plug it to its new location and then move the cross-connect from the frame and I do not have to do anything in Symposium or the PBX. Please confirm. Thanks.

he's right. disu a set move a jumper and plug it back in enlu.. that is not a software move or change

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If I have to DISU the set before physically moving the phone, does it mean that I have to de-acquire the phoneset first in Symposium ? Could I just move the cross connects?

Please clarify. Thank you.

If you have access to the Nortel Partner Information Center (PIC) go get PB 2001_097 this will detail when and where the MOV command is acceptable to use.

mt6322,

We have moved many an ACD set physically and not de-aquired them in Symposium. I don't know if that is the "best practices" way of moving them, but we have seen no ill-effects.

It is just like an agent deciding to clean their desk, and unplugging the phone for 1/2 an hour. As long as they are logged out (MAKE BUSY), you should be OK.

Scott M.

I'm sorry I misunderstood I thought you were moving the programming, moving the set to and new loacation and re cross connecting can be done as Scott M described

No need to deaquire in Symposium. Just make sure the unit is disabled first that will also insure that it is loogged out.

I agree with Nortellian and everyone else who said move the crossconnect. As long as no software changes are made to the ACD sets there is no need to de-aquire or even disable. Just make sure that the set is logged out, in msb, so any calls coming in to the que will follow the NCFW or if some agents are present and logged in calls will flow normally.

Thank you all so much for your responses and your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back