Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Accounts In User Manager from One Domain to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2003
US
We have a few domains in my place of work. My question is I want to move a few Users from one of the Domains to the other. Is this possible or do I need to create new accounts for all these Users? I am new to this so I appreciate any help I can get. I know in UserManager you can do a copy of a account and it brings up a window with everything filled out, but for that domain, I don't think I can do this between domains. Is this possible in any way?

It can be used in Migrating an NT domain to a 2000 domain, although I have never used it to do that.

Patty

Well, when I first posted I forgot that we are a Windows NT Domain and have a Windows 2000 servers. We are remaining a Windows Nt Domain at the moment. So what I really need to do is move Accounts from one Windows Nt Domain to another Windows Nt Domain. Is this possible or should I move this to Windows NT forum?

ir1shm1ike,

I honestly don't know...Since this is an Active Directory integrated tool, I would think not.

You will probably be able to get some more concrete help in the NT forum though.

Have fun,

Patty [ponytails2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back