Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving a DLT card between systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrytele

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
GB
I have two Meridian 11c systems and I need to quickly get some users from one to the other. I rather naively thought I could just disable a DLC in the source system, remove the card and then in the target system disable a not in use PRI and pop the DLC in and enable it.
The removals went well but the target system denies that the is a DLC in the slot (3). Any pointers as to what I have missed?? I have a 14 user move on hold, if I have to get someone in they might be waiting some time :0)

Ahh... think I have it. Is it true that if their are no sets programmed on a DLC it shows up as UNEQ? Just tried programming one and it seems to have taken it.... but there again it has previously let me program phones with no card in a slot....

ahh.... this is all very well but as I said, there was a PRI card in this slot... wonder where I thought I was going to plug the phones in... oops

must be a 11, prt tnd x with x=to the card slot, that will tell you if you have a tn programed in the slot, and yes you can program an empty card slot in the gray boxes, some switches will not allow that. in an 11 i would out all tn's against that slot, do a edd and then ini, otherwise you can get corruption..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back