Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving a Direct Inward Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Page7

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2010
IE
System: Nortel Meridian Option 11
Experience: Competent in moving extensions, TN's, changing names, etc...

Problem:
I having the following problem. I have extension A that has a direct inward dial (outside number) attached to it, that I need moved to extension B that already has a DID associated with it. On extension B I would like to have their original DID as well as the DID from extension A. Also I would like to free the TN that extension A is on to be used again. I don't mind if I can't use extension A's DN any longer. How do I go about doing this?

Thank you so much for your time!

What kind of phone(B) are you trying to use?

Meridian 3110 both extension A & B

Any one have any ideas on this???

Page,

I haven't tried this in house but I would think it could be as simple as adding the DN to Phone B, key whatever, then just outing Phone A. I could be way off here, but trying to give you some ideas as I don't see any other responses.

If nothing else you could try outing Phone A first, then adding the DN to phone B on a different key, that should work for you without any problems.

I just did a test in house where I added another persons DN (which has a DID) to key 8 on my phone, and called it from the outside world, it rang on my phone, so now I could just out there phone I would think and I would have both numbers on my phone. Make sense?

The 3110 looks to be somewhat similar to the U.S. 2008 Digital phones, which means you can set most of the keys to anything you want including extra DN's. Just do a CHG to the TN, then KEY xx SCR YYYY. eg KEY 03 SCR 1234.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back