Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving a CE 10 instance from one server to another. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

squon

MIS
Jan 10, 2005
US
I have a current installation of CE 10 that's been in use for some time now, so all the reports, database connections, users, etc. are set up and running fine.

That server's going away and I have to move my instance to another server. Is there a tool or method that will let me take over all the settings, users, reports? Or do I have to start all over again?

Thanks in advance.

S. Quon

Are you moving CE-10 to CE-10, or CE-10 to BOE-XI...?

You should be able to use the IMPORT WIZARD tool when you have the new "empty" server set-up with the ENTERPRISE software baseline.

You didn't say if the metabase was going away or not, but this info should help.

If your Database is not moving, all you need to do is copy the FRS directoy to the new location after installing CE, then point CE to the old metabase.

If your database is moving, then create the new database, use the set metabase functions in the CMS setup to setup your new metabase with the data from the old, and with the above FRS move, done deal.

I've moved many CE servers this way for years.

hi sandy3269

I find ur post very intersting but i'd like if u could detail ur solution i have to move a complete server with sql 2000 and CE 10 to a new server
i'll apreciate any help

Thanks all, the basic part went well. I ended up using the import utility (the instance isn't that big) after setting up the new base CE10 (was moving CE10 to CE10)

I am having an issue with a specific set of reports. Will post a new thread on that one.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back