Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving 5550...Upgrade on controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2013
US
Hello, It's been awhile.

"Controller 1" is being upgraded to version 14.0.0.97. It is in a cluster with a few other controllers at various locations. There are three 5550 Consoles and they are not compatible with this version unless licenses of some type are purchased. Apparently expensive.

"Controller 2" will stay with current loaded version 13.0.1.28 since it also has a few old SX2000's on it. "Console 2" is in the network but not Data Sharing.

I need to move those consoles from Controller 1 to Controller 2.

After jumping through some hoops in this process, I have come to the point where each 5550 console had 4 Softkey numbers. We'll call them 2000,2001,2002... those transferred over to "Contoller 2" "Console Soft Keys form" after I removed them from "Remote Directory Numbers" on "Controller 2". I am having a problem with the final Softkey. 2003.... is set up as Actual Number with 0 (Zero) being the Speed Call Number. 2003 in "Controller 1" comes up in Maintenance Commands as "Non Prime Attendant Group".

When trying to add 2003 as a Softkey in Controller 2, it pops up... "The directory number cannot be configured as a key appearance because it has already been programmed in a remote node". I try to remove it from "Remote Directory Numbers" as I did with the others and it pops..."The directory number is not of an allowed type".

I looked in System Speed Calls and there are a couple of other instances of old Speed Call Numbers using 2003 as "Actual Number" I am assuming I have to delete all instances of 2003, correct?

I also looked in "Call Rerouting" and there is an instance there as well. When I remove all instances of 2003 in "Controller 1" Speed Call page, 2003 should no longer show up in the Call Rerouting.

If successfully removed, from "Controller 1" and I input that same Operator Speed Call setup into "Controller 2", I should be able put it in as a Softkey" that will actually allow me to add it to the moved consoles that will be in Conroller 2?

Are there any further ideas or other "things" I might run into if anyone has experienced this?

This is a 24 hour operation and I don't feel like dropping the consoles during business hours, so I'll be here early again. Unless what I have shown above to prove to be rather quick and painless, I may just program a phone to serve as a temporary operator during the process.

Thanks in advance.

Support is discontinued does not mean it will not function

Messing with the RDN form is a BAD idea

Try making the Speedcall a shared speedcal for all systems?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I will try that.

Thanks for the heads up on the RDN. What problems could that cause or do I not want to know?

I may have found my problem. Sifting through the many Call Forwarding Profiles, I found a reference to 2003. Hopefully, this may be it.

Thanks for the response.

maintenance command - Locate Number 2003

RDN - you can delete but you cannot add. This is a form that is locked by mitel for licensing reasons and you shouldn't touch it ever. (Unless you want problems that is)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back