Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moviePath + Mac problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauralippay

Technical User
May 8, 2003
US
It's been a while since I've done anything in Director and I'm feeling a little boggled here:

I've reopened something I was working on in PC. I opened in in Mac because I'll need a Mac projecter in the end.
It is supposed to load a movie.

I change the path for the movie from a "/" to a ":" and there is an error loading the movie in the projector.

So I moved the movie it loads to the same directory as the main move & changed the path.
I've tried:

set the filename of gDemoWindow to the moviePath&"tipAttach"
and
set the filename of gDemoWindow to the moviePath&"tipAttach.dir"

and i still get an error with the projector.
This seems like it should be something simple that I just cant remember...

Here is the entire code for the mouseDown:

on mouseDown
sprite(100).visible = TRUE
global gDemoWindow
set gDemoWindow to window "Window1"
set the filename of gDemoWindow to the moviePath&"tipAttach"
set the title of gDemoWindow to "Tip Attachment"
set the windowType of gDemoWindow to 3
set the modal of gDemoWindow to FALSE
startLeft = the stageLeft
startTop = the stageTop
gDemoWindow.rect = gDemoWindow.drawrect
gDemoWindow.rect = offset(gDemoWindow.rect, startLeft + 10, startTop + 85)
open gDemoWindow
end

Any suggestions?

If it matters, I'm opening director 8.5 files in the trial version of Director MX, and saving as a classic projector.

And this script alone in the mouseDown event:
go to movie the moviePath & "tipAttach"
works.

There's nothing wrong with your code and it definitely works in Director 9 (MX).

But it will not work in Director 10 (MX 2004) because MIAW is dealt differently. May be you're using Director 10?

Yes, using Director MX trial version (therefore dont have Dir. MX book (darn)).

Guess if we get the account we can buy Dir. MX full version & hopefully then I can dissect this problem more clearly.

> Yes, using Director MX trial version (therefore dont have Dir. MX book (darn)).

No, I think you're using MX 2004, not MX. If you were using MX, your code would have worked without error.

Also, even if you buy the full version of MX 2004 you won't get any book! Macromedia stopped shipping printed manuals with software. What you'll get is PDF references (sadly with full of errors). I'm sure you have the PDFs, which should come with your trial version.

Anyway from MX 2004, MIAW is dealt differently. Please refer to the PDF, but in short your script will not work because:
- You need to create window object using "window().new()" method
- Both "windowType" and "modal" window properties are now obsolete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back