Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Movie Controlling 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalbertson

Technical User
Feb 8, 2007
US
I have scene with two layers on the bottom layer is a movie that is stopped. On the top layer I have my buttons that I want to control the movie. I want the movie to stay paused until someone rolls over one of the buttons and then it jumps to a different frame in the movie. movie_scene-1 is my movies name, and movie-1 is the movies instance name. Any help here would be appreciated.

Code:
on(rollOver) {
	stop();
	movie_scene-1;gotoAndStop(4);
}
on(rollOut) {
	play();
}
on(release) {
	getURL("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.google.com/");[/URL]
}

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have three different scenes with in this file, and when ever I rollOver these buttons it just wants to jump to one of those scenes.

Again thanks in advance,
Justin

As always you are a genius. Thank you very much. Now that that is fixed. I have one more question. I have a delay on each scene of 5 seconds or 5000 milliseconds. Well I want it when you rollOver those buttons from the previous question, it will do like a pause or a stop();. What I already have in my code does not work.

This is my delay on the first frame of all three frames
Code:
stop();
tempInt = setInterval(function(){clearInterval(tempInt);play();}, 5000);

This is on the buttons from the previous question.
Code:
on(rollOver) {
	stop();
	movie1.gotoAndStop(1);
}
on(release) {
	getURL("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.google.com/");[/URL]
}

It is like I need to pause the actionscript and not the time line. If need be I can send my file?

Thanks in advance,
Justin

never mind I got it. I just applied the second code to the first.

Thanks anyway,
Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back