Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

movie clip buttons to certain scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreley

Technical User
Sep 11, 2006
GB
Hi

Could anyone tell me how i can get buttons i have within a movie clip to goto a certain scene and frame.

I had this working with this code:

on (release) {
_root.gotoAndPlay(70)
}

But i have now added a loading scene before the main scene and the buttons in the movie clip now jump back to the loading scene.....

Can i direct it to the main scene?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Jon

hi

i tried that one and it didnt seem to like it!

Could I export the loading scene as a seperate fla, and load the main scene into the preloader? this would actually work better for the site.

I have a loading sequence that needs to loop while the main site is loading, but i'm not sure what actionscript will need to be input and where in the preloader?

Any ideas

cheers

jon

Never target a scene name in your Flash life again...

Target a labeled frame. Thus label the targeted frame in the targeted scene with an unique label such as my_target1 (no number only labels or at least not starting off with a number, no spaces, no caps, and no special characters other than the underscore...), add _level0 or _root (or even _parent if you're into relative pathing...) to your path to target the main timeline, and only target that labeled frame on your button's script...

on (release) {
_root.gotoAndPlay("my_target1")
}

Regards. Web Hosting - Web Design
03/13/05 -> OLDNEWBIE VS FLASHKIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back