Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moved to 365 in cloud, cannot get iPhones default mail app to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Hello all,
Has anyone had to migrate from on prem Exchange to 365 in the cloud recently? We are running into an issue where we cannot set up the default mail app in iPhones to set up their mail. We can get it to work all day long with the Outlook App but the Outlook App doesn't push their Notes or Calendars in properly like the default mail app did. MS has no intent on making the Notes work with their app according to all docs I have found and the calendar in the default mail app would sync with all other iPhone calendar data whereas the Outlook app has separate calendars now.

We get errors just trying to set up the account that says "Exchange Account - Unable to verify account information." I believe this is due to a certificate issue and is a common issue but we didnt have this problem when the mail servers were in house.

Hopefully one of you had ran into something similar because I am striking out on the Googles.....

Thanks in advance.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Attempt to log in with either a default Android or Apple mail app with it using the autodiscover DNS record and have it give you an MS login screen. I attempted to setup an extra iPhone we had laying around and tried to setup the mail account with the Global Admin account from 365. If you do it that way, after you log in with the MS screen it will prompt you to allow access for that app in your 365 environment. Tell it to accept. If you are setting up a normal non-global admin account, after you get the MS login screen and hit next it will tell you to push a notification to the 365 Admin to accept this application.

To accept that default mail app, go to the AD Azure online portal Applications - Enterprise Applications - Admin Consent requests and allow the program you are trying to allow default email access to.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Did you change the host name on your existing server? I recommend you create a new account rather than modifying the existing one, since your server has now changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back