Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move users to new Exch box

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstar1703

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2005
GB
Hi,
After a recent company merge we have decided to merge both companies Exchange 2003 servers data. The server will host all our staffs email accounts, but not AD accounts.. Both offices are connected via a leased line VPN connection and I have enabled domain trusts as required.

Is there an easy way to migrate users accounts or it is simply adding the new users and forwarding all mail from their previous Exchange box to the new one?
Thanx
G

Hi - hoping again as I need to resolve this...
usercompany1.co.uk (50 Exchange 2003 sp2 users - London)
|
VPN
|
usercompany2.co.uk (40 Exchange 2003 sp1 users - Glasgow)

We are rolling out Blackberry Enterprise software on usercompany1 site, but users at usercompany2 site will need access to it also. The only way I can see this working is to add users from site2 into site1 AD & mail enable, then somehow forward all mail for them from site2 to site1, while retaining non blackberry users within site2.

If there is another way I would be very interested and would even consider moving all site2 users onto site1 Exchange server but would need to retain usercompanysite2.co.uk email addresses.

Steps taken -
Created domain trusts between 2 offices
Ran Exchange Migration Wizard (failed with "Data Not Valid")
Panicked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back