Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move to Folder Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedElm

MIS
Jul 11, 2002
US
Hi there...I am in a group in charge of tracking all of its email...i would like to set up an agent that automatically forwards new mail from this group into a folder named "CS460"...I have tried using the agents and cannot get it to work...i tried to do this by setting it so that the agent screens the "Subject" field of each new email for the string "CS460T5"....this would not work though...i dont know much about notes agents so any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

brian

If I understand you correctly, there is a group of users that when ANY mail is received from them you want it to go to a folder in YOUR mail file called CS460.

What I don't know is if there are more than of YOU wanting to put mail in a CS460 folder. The solution will still work, but if you are trying to create a single database for your peers to access all CS460 correspondence you need a completely different solution.

Nonetheless, assuming you are using your own mail file, just use a rule. This is simpler than an agent. Your rules folder has a button for NEW and you just enter the email address of the people sending you messages. The rule will put them in any folder you want.

This can be done with an agent, but the difficulty will be when you have a lot of people in your list who are sending you messages.

I mentioned before that if you are trying to make a database of mail from anybody in group A to anybody in your group B than you need to create a mail enabled database and have an agent forward the mail there. Far more involved, but it gets the messages stored in a single place.

Hope this helps,

Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back