Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move to different domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techie10

Technical User
Jun 26, 2002
Greetings all,

We currently have Win2k3 with Ex2k3 running for some time now. It's pretty much all on one server (AD,DNS,Ex2k3) on a separate domain (we're still running on an NT domain on our main network).
We're starting to get some funding so we can upgrade our NT domain. I've read up on migrating from NT to 2k3 so I think I'm ok there, but now I'm interested to know IF I end up having two separate 2k3 domains, is there a way to pull them together?

Thanks,

Steve

Are you talking about Trust realtionships between Windows Domain Servers, or do you mean 2 Exchange Servers, or both?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

In the scenerio I am thinking of, once I migrate the NT domain to 2k3 (domain A), I'll have Exchange on (domain B). Is there process to get rid of (domain B) so Exchange resides on (domain A) without losing mail, calandar, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back