Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move softphone to new pc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macoles

Technical User
Aug 14, 2005
US
Hi
My boss is away and I need to perform on this one.

BCM 50 V2.05c

I need to move a softphone 2050 (2.01) from 1 pc (i.e. old pc) to a new PC.

Have installed the softphone on the new pc but am now lost as I don't have/know the registration password and I seem to remember you need a license number after that.

Can anyone give me a clue please?

Thanks

Before you install the softphone on the new PC you have to go into the BCM under Resources(IP Sets) & deregister the extention # of the old softphone. You can also blank the password,make sure registration is turned on & choose to not auto assign DN's so that you can choose the same DN that you De-registered.

Hi

Thanks for that.

Ok think I understand what to do.

Can you confirm I am right please as I dont want to mess this up or I wont be very popular!

1) De-register the extension number at Resources/Telephony Resources
2) Blank out the global password under "IP Terminal Global Settings".
Can the above 2 options be reversed I wonder?
3) What do I then need to enter in the new Softphone where its asking for "NEW SET Registration password"?

You've got it. Doesn't matter what order you do it. Also if you blank out the global password it should not ask you for new set registration password. Just enter the old DN # that you deregistered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back