Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Personal folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

tb913

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2002
US
I have a win 98 machine running outlook express, and I want to move the personal folders from that machine to a new machine running xp and Outlook. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks.

Can you put the *.pst on a floppy and transfer it to the new machine?

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Ok, still having problems. That document tells how to do it in Outlook, but I'm trying to send the folders in Outlook Express to Outlook. In outlook express there is no Import and Export option like there is in Outlook. In Express there is an import menu option and an export menu option. when you roll over export another menu pops out and your only 2 options to export are your messages and your address book. No folders! Any other ideas?

I'm not getting any error messages. I was able to transfer the address book and messages. The problem is that the user had created a ton of folders to organize messages after reading them. These folders are what I am trying to transfer now. There has to be a way to do this doesn't there? It's easy in Outlook. I just can't figure out how to do it in Express.

You won't find any pst file in O/E, it is peculiar to Outlook only. There are a couple of ways of moving the messages across:-

Firstly you might try the following link to one of the MS Outlook MVP's pages at:-

or (more painful because it is folder by folder), you can try DBExtract at:-

and you might even try here:-

Regards
Ken..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back