Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move NT4/ SQL7 Server from NT domain to new AD Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulW1977

MIS
Aug 12, 2004
US
I'm not sure which of the several forums that this applies to ... NT4, SQL, or Win2003, but I'll ask here and hope someone can help.

I have an NT4 member server running a specialized APP on SQL 7. Unfortunatly, I'm stuck with NT4 and SQL 7 for this app, , at least for the time being. I cannot upgrade it to 2003 yet.

We have made the jump to a Windows 2003 network. In doing so we setup a brand new domain and made the moves manually. I have only this one NT4 server and a Domain controller left on the old domain. I want to move the NT4 computer to my new AD domain so I can finally put the old domain to bed.

I assume because SQL 7 is installed on this server moving the server to the new domain will be more involved than simply removing it from the old domain and joining the new one.

Has anyone done this? Are there any extra steps? What should I watch out for?

u are covered, i did some sql 7.0+nt4 memeber server migration to AD projects, the only issue i encounter is service account, put new ad domain service account to replace the old server account will resolve this kind of prolbme. the symtom is SQL DB can't mount.

---------------------------------------
Sr. Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Thanks. I'm going to to try it this weekend after getting a good complete backup of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back