Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Managment from W2k to Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

melchy

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
BO
Hi,

I got a problem, something like the thread: Move Checkpoint NG AI from tester125.
I got the managment running in W2k with more than 120 rules, I need put it into a managment running Linux but without lost my rules and my network objects, I don't known how to do this, perhaps with the upgrade tools, but I don't know how to use it, please I need a hand with this and if it fail how can I take the previous managment in W2k without lose my SIC.

Regards

Best method is the Import/Export utility provided by Checkpoint.
This will export all necessary from the current server, then you build the new management server and import the files to that.

It works fine with different platforms, recently I tested with export from Solaris and import to Win2k and had no problems.

Regards

Richard Robins - CCSE, CCNA, ACSE, NNCSS, WCSP

I agree with robbjear,
I have not changed platforms with the Import/Export utility but I have successfully restored a previous config. onto a compltetely new system. Rules, objects and even users were completely restored. You want to be sure to do a backup first in case you do need to restore back to Windows, also creating a cpinfo file can aid when you must revert back to a previous config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back