Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Mailboxes to a new domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToyodaTim

MIS
Feb 12, 2003
US
Hello all-

We are getting ready to move everything we have over to a new domain on our network. We currently have two trees, domainA.com and domainB.com. All servers are running Windows 2000 Server with SP3. They are all in the same forest. We want to set up a new server in the new domain, domainB.com with Exchange 2000 and move all of our current mailboxes from our Exchange server in domainA to the new Exchange server in domainB. Is there an easy way to do this? I know you can use the movetree command to move Active Directory objects from one domain to another...will this move Exchange mailboxes as well? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

-Tim N.

Fastlane from Quest software is what I use. It does the complete migration for you in a graphical manner

What if we don't want to pay for any additional software? What are my options? Do I need to move the mailboxes one by one by doing some sort of export/import?

-Tim N.

Will the exchange migration wizard do this for you?

I'm not sure...I am not migrating from 5.5 to 2000, I'm just moving everything from one Exchange 2000 Server to another Exchange 2000 Server in another domain. I can't seem to find much documentation related to this out on the Internet anywhere...most things I've found deal with migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2000.

actually the migration wizard will move from many different mail servers... Groupwise, Lotus, Colabra... and I'm sure you can choose exchange 2000... let me know if it works, I'd be interested in knowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back