Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Mailbox Wizard hosed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bk94

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Hello Everyone

I have a wonderfull headache i am hoping you help me out with. Everytime I try and move a mailbox, it craps out and display a message that the MAPI provider failed. When I check the event log it spits out MAPI failed to open the the message store. I also get failed to get an adminstrative interface to the mailbox store.

The mailbox store is mounted. There are no events regarding services not starting up on boot. I am at lost here. Any help is greatly appericated. I have also tried every fix on Technet that relates to this issue.

Thanks,
BK

No....No it doesn't....

I got to greedy and went for another mailbox. And it blew up again with the same darn errors.

I swear, i'm running this thing down the road and throwing into the fire.

If it worked once I have no idea why it would not work again. Try going to the ADC and Exchange server and turn up the logging.

Does anyone have any further information regarding this issue? This just happened to me last night. The first mailbox moved fine but each of the others failed with the same Event IDs. I have done this on numerous occasions in the past with no problems. I logged on as the same user account as before and there have been no security changes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had issues with my AD schema. I had PSS working on this for about month before it was finally resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back