Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Mailbox Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulligans

Technical User
Feb 8, 2002
US
I am in the process of upgrading to EX2000. I have 2 servers, a 5.5 and a 2000 server. I am using Move Mailbox in AD Users to move all the mailboxes to the new server. I have been fine for about 80% of the users. There is one user that I moved last night, now he can not get into his mailbox. In AD it says he is still on the old server, but when I setup outlook it pickes the new server as his server. I have tried to move this guy again, and I get a bunch of errors about no source mailbox found. Any Help??

Have you tried putting in the server name when you configure outlook, rather than letting it look up the server name automatically?

If it is just one or two users, you might consider using exmerge to drop their mailbox to a PST, and then push the PST up to the new mailbox on the E2K box.

Once you have dropped the user email to a PST, and verified that the data is good, you may want to delete mailbox from the 5.5 server and the current user AD account and create a new one for this user. That should avoid any DIRSYNC or AD Schema issues with the old user account. Little bit of overkill there, but I'd sleep better. Good luck.

That is what I ended up doing. I just got rid of him, then reimported. Everything is working now. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back