Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Goldmine installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilFawltytoo

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2002
CA
Does anyone have any advice for moving a Goldmine instalation from one drive to another? Our var installed Goldmine 5.5 SQL on our server's c: which is nearly out of room. It's in a shared folder which is mapped to G:. I'd like to move it to d: and just map G: to the new home on d: . Should be no problem for the clients but I don't know about regisry entries etc. Any hints before I give this a try tonight?

The easy thing to do is to move the data and backup datasets only. First backup the data. Then delete the data set, and recreate the same named data set but place it and the transaction files on the D: Drive. Also you'd want to review your maintenance routine and make sure that all of your backups are pointing to a location on the D: Drive as well. Microsoft defaults to loading MS SQL on the C Drive so you may want to leave it there as it's harder to move the program. Most likely the large space requirements are taken up by your data.

I hope this is clear. You may want to get some help if you haven't backedup SQL, and restored it before.

Good luck....Mark

All Done. The SQL end was already on d:. I just needed to move the Goldmine installation. The space was mostly being taken up by the Mailbox folders (attachments) and the reports folder. I could have just moved everyone's attachements folders but it seemed easier to move the entire thing. I just copied the entire directory (Goldmine and Heat) to d: and shared it there. Seems to have gone off without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back