Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latya

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
HU
On the Hipath 4000 system is it possible to change digital extension ( No IP!!) by the user himself? On Avaya System I know this features ( TTI) . The user have to move in office from A room to B room. He pick up the phone line, dial a feature code, move to B room with her phone set. He connected it to the free socket ( this socket connected to a digital port of PABX) then he dial feature code, and the original extension will work in B room.
What is the name of this features in Hipath 4000 ?

It is called 'autoset relocate' or sign on / sign off

Both the source wall jack (obviously) and the destination wall jack need to be connected to the same type of port in the switch. Unless it's a small company it's not common to have 100% of the jacks wired. I can never get away with it here - I always need to go on site to make a connection one way or another....

sbcsu-> Ok thank You!

donb01 -> yes I do not like it too, but it's need for us with a special emergency situation. From the main HQ some important employer go to standby HQ, and there they like to use same extension as in the main HQ. They sing off from the main HQ thanan sign on in the standby HQ. It's easy with IP phones but in HQ and sby HQ only Digital extensions
Thanks!

Have a look at this thread for more info
thread965-1747540

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back