Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move Extension + VM as second line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaccyNet

Technical User
Jun 6, 2006
GB
Hi All!

I have two phones (one 5215 and one 5212) Both currently have voicemail boxes and seperate extensions.
The user of the 5215 is leaving us so the management want their phone to appear as a button on the 5212 along with their voicemail.

I can create the line key which shows when it is being called, but they want to keep the voicemail message of the current 5215 intact (so I dont want to lose it) and not merge voicemail of the two.
Is there a way of doing this? I'm sure that I'm missing something obvious but cant see what it is!

Mitel 3300MX with V7.0 software using embedded voicemail.

Many thanks
Steve

You can create a MWI key of that extn on the second
do you want to be able this line or go straight to voicemail?
If straight to voicemail then just call re route always to voicemail and then you can pickup the voicemails via the MWI key

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Thanks for the quick reply!

We still want to be able to answer the calls to that extension. The 5215 handset is going to be retired once this setup has been made so setting the phone to always re-route isnt really an option I'm afraid.

Thanks
Steve

So create a Multiline set key and MWI key of the 5215 on the 5312
that way calls to the 5215 will ring and can be answere on the 5312
If someone leaves a message for the 5215 then it can be retrieved using the MWI key

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Thanks for that. I setup a multicall on the 5212 and an MWI and both seem to be working well.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back