Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move email from PST to Exchange 2k3 Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2002
US
I have searched through about 15 pages on the forum to make sure there was not already a post on this. I have about 10 employees that i need to move there data from there pst on the local machine up to the exchange 2k3 server. I know i could drag and drop this. My main concern is with the claneder and contacts. In the past if i was to drag and drop these it would just copy them under that main calender. I have looked at trying to use exmerge but what i have read it looks like this is just for merging 5.5 to 2k3. If i am wrong about this of if there is a better way of going about this could you please guide me in the right direction.

Thank you
Jim

Use the import/export wizard feature of Outlook to import from file to the mailbox. You will need to be logged in as the individual user to perform this. For only 10 users, that will be the easiest way.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Exmerge allows you to do some cool things.

Like, if you sent an abusive email to the MD and accidentally CC'd everyone in the company, and then regretted it, you could remove it directly from all mailboxes using Exmerge.

You can also use it to Import .PSTs into mailboxes.

I have used the import/export in outlook before but i was thinking that was only for pst to pst transfers. If you was to go into it and go to export you are exporting to a pst it wont let you export to the mailbox on the exchange server

You're going to perform an Import from .pst. Select the top of the mailbox as the location you're importing to.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

I must be blind. From my machine Outlook 2k3, i have a pst file. In Outlook i go to Import/Export there is no option to import from a PST. I am trying to get my pst to export to the server. There is no option in the Export to a file to export it to the server. Only to a PST file. Have i lost my wee little mind here and i am thinking great things when its right in front of my face.....

Import/Export Wizard --> Import from another program or file --> Personal Folder File (.pst) --> Browse to file to be imported --> Choose the top level of the .pst and select the mailbox in the "Import items" drop down box.

Hope this helps.

PSC

I knew i was just looking to hard for something that was right under my nose. Thanks for all the help you have provided me with. This really helps out alot. I sent you a star for the info you gave thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back