Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move E2K Priv and Pub Stores???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wag21

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2003
US
I installed E2K using all the defaults and quickly discovered that the Information Store residing on the 8GB system drive is a disaster waiting to happen. The Optimizer in E5.5 was a quick way to resolve this type of problem but E2K doesn't have it. I've found bits and pieces in the MS knowledge base but no procedure that lays it out to my satisfaction, i.e. This is how you move the Information Store to another drive

Are you talking IS? or database?
The database is easy to move, in the system manager, browse to the storage group, and then the mailbox store, right click, and in teh Database tab browse to the new location where you want to place the database, do the same for your public store, note that this will dismount the store and re-mount it so the users can't access it for a short while.
I aslo recommend that you move the log files to a seperate hard disk. log files are per storage group not per mailbox store. so you have to do it only once/sg.
hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back