Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

move data from MSAccess to Oracle 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridget1

Technical User
Jan 10, 2007
US
Hi,
Is there any possible way to move MS Access Data directly to Oracle?

Thanks.

Hi Bridget1,

Oracle provides a tool called Migration workbench which can migrate MS Access databases to Oracle. It works very well and allows you to control many facets of the migration. You can search for it on Oracle's Technet web site: You have to register to access their content but it is free!

Hope this helps.

Frank Cicchetto

Hi Bridget1, MacNuke

The documentation on 'Migration WorkBench' says it supports SQLServer 6.5, 7.0 and 2000, it also supports Sybase Adaptive Server 11 & 12. I did not see any reference to Microsoft Access !

Please check I could have missed something.

Thanks

Migration Workbench has MS Access translation plugins available on Oracle's technet website. You download and install the core product and then download the plugins for the data source types you need. You have to go through the download web pages before you get to the list of software to download. Also, you need to register as a technet user which is free. Hope this clarifies things.

Frank

If I'm not mistaken you want to move MS Access Data
into Oracle environment. I know that MS Access allows
such by FILE, Export function provided data is in
Access database. If you have not tried it then get back to me at Calvin.speights@brooks.af.mil.

Hi

You can transfer the data from MS Acess to oracle by using SQL Loader. This utility comes with MSSQL Server.

Vikas Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back