Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move an Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

slloyd82

Technical User
Jan 20, 2009
US
I need to move an extension and phone to a new office. I've done this before can can't find the documentation on how. Any help would be very helpful.

new office or swap phones?

new office you will cross connect the port of the extension (feat * 0 > intercom button > view to find the port) to the new cable pair that is run to the new office.

swap locations. two methods.
identify the ports on each station (above) and swap the cross connection wires on the ports.

second method is turn on set relocation (feat **266344 >> system programming >> Feature settings >> Set relocation:) then swap the two phones (only those two phones should be being moved during this) then turn set relocation back off.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I found what I was looking for. It was this:

1. At “Terminals & Sets” press NEXT until the display reads “System programming”.
2. Press SHOW. The display reads “Hunt Groups”. Press NEXT twice.
3. The display reads “Featr settings”. Press SHOW. Then press NEXT until the display reads “Set relocation:?”. Use CHANGE to toggle Y to move phones, N to turn feature off. Exit programming.
4. Unplug the phone(s) you want to move. Unplug a maximum of two at a time. Plug in the first set you unplugged at the new location. Wait five minutes for the set to “read” its new location, then press Feature *0, and press an intercom button. The display will show the extension number and name. If correct, you may now plug the other phone in to its new location. Wait five minutes to check the status using Feature *0. Deactivate Set Relocation after moving phones.

Thanks for your help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back