Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move a user voice mail to another in merlin II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogeliovaldez

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2005
US
Hi, everybody,

We got a 20 years old system here and no support at all, I'm trying to move one user to another office, byt fon't have any clue about how to program this new phone without moving wires.

any help will be appreciated

thanks

You can either use system renumber to change the extention number to a different port - or physically move the wires at the system end. It would help if we knew what kind of system this is. Is it a Merlin II? Is it a Merlin Legend?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I find out that it is a Merlin Legend. I try renumbering but there aren't any trunk numbered or any id for the lines. I want to move a user from ext. 29 to ext. 20 but can't find any number or how to identify the trunk...

No documentation at all, and no support from any local vendor.

Thanks for your help

You don't renumber an extention - you renumber the extention. If you are by the 20 Operator phone, press menu, system program, exit, system renumber, single, extentions, key in 29 and press enter, then key in 7119 and press enter.

Then press extentions again, key in 21 and press enter, then key in 7111 and press enter.

Now press extentions again - and key in 7111 enter, then key in 29 and press enter.

Last step - press extentions, key in 7119 enter, then key in 21 and press enter.

Press home to exit. You have now renumbered ext 29 to ext 21 - and 21 to 29 - so you swapped extention numbers.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back