Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move 110 Blocks off wall to rack? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjm01

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2007
US
We're removing a wall to expand our server room. We have a small number of 110 blocks mounted on that wall that I'd like to move to a 19" rack - without rewiring them! I have plenty of slack and an existing rack with room in it.

Are there any products that will let me simply move the blocks off the wall and into the rack? Or am I stuck buying rackmount 100-blocks and punching everything down again?

Thanks!

there are plates that you can mount to a rack and attach 110 blocks to that.
panduit
P110B100R2Y
P110B100RWJY

i have done this same move. I used 3/4' plywood and painted it black. I cut holes to route the cable from behind than cut the plywood through the holes (split the plywood) to run the cables from behind.

hi mjm01 dont mean to sound bad, but yea you will require some type of punching down. ive did the same for one of my clients and i repunched all cables in to a a patch panel. or you could get a pice of plywood and paint it black, drill some holes then blot it to the rack itself. then you should be ok

These people make a lot of great products for 66 and 110. I like the frames myself, but I am pretty sure they will something for what you are looking to do.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

AMP makes a 'can' that screws to the rack and your 110 blocks attach to them.
Good Luck

Has been in the cabling business for about twenty years and is now the Sr PM for a cabling company located in the Los Angeles area.
Also a General Class Amatuer Radio Operator.

Thanks for all the ideas (and the fast response!). I'll look at some of the suppliers mentioned, then fall back on using plywood screwed to the rack if I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Mike

One thing to note (coming in much too late) is that it depends on the 110 blocks. If you have 110 blocks that have removable legs, then the blank panels mentioned would work just fine. But if you can't get the legs off, then you're kinda stuck with the plywood idea.
Now, if you can move a 23" rack for just the 110 blocks, you've got a number of options. One being from Chatsworth, (11770-x23, 11771-x23, 11772-x23) would do exactly what you need.

Justin T. Clausen
Physical Layer Implementation
California State University, Monterey Bay

Plywood effective just ugly just make sure you take into consideration any warranty requirements before you go moving something in a make it work fashion the fine print might cost the customer in the end should the system have a warranty issue. words such as (properly fastened to CE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back