Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.mov file to pop up in quicktime seperate of movie 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexanBetty

Technical User
Jul 18, 2001
US
I am creating a flash movie. imagine that. In my movie, I have a button that the user pushes and then I want the .mov file to pop up in quick time and the movie to play in quicktime. (the movie is too big to import into flash itself) This is the problem that I am having... in the action script of the button I have this:

on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "launcher.bat");
}

and then my launcher.bat is in the same folder as the movie. The launcher.bat says this:

START jeff/Jeff.mov

where jeff is the folder and Jeff.mov is my movie inside the jeff folder. When I first made this it worked fine. For some reason it all of the sudden doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?? [morning]

Read up "exec" here:
Regards,

oldman3.gif

If this is an online app I don't think this is possible, and if it's a projector and you're using Flash MX you have to put your executable inside a folder called fscommand that is in the same folder as your projector file.

So this code should work:

on (release) {
fscommand("exec", "fscommand/your_appname.exe");
}

Bill...

Since TexanBetty was already using the FSCommand, I assumed it was for a projector file, and that's precisely what my link is about.
Your post is an error, as this excerpt from the above link clearly shows:

on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "someApplication.exe");
}

Note: The fscommand subfolder path is not used in the argument. Place someApplication.exe inside the fscommand folder, but just use the name of the application in the argument.

If you're going to double up on me, at least make it right!

Regards,

oldman3.gif

Oldnewbie,

Is there any way that I can do this without the black DOS command screen popping up??

Just wondering.

What's the exact code you're using in Flash 5? And although you're using Flash 5, is your player also 5, or have you updated it to one of the last versions? Regards,

oldman3.gif

appologies for not reading post correctly and giving inappropriate response.

My player is 6.

on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "launcher.bat");
}

If you know of any other way of doing this I am TOTALLY open to different ideas![idea] What I'm making is a marketing cd that will distributed on cd's, so I guess I really don't have to worry about size as much as I would if I were to put it online. And I'm still learning. Just to warn you, I really don't know a whole lot about the fscommand yet.[lookaround] So if you give me any code, it will pretty much be a cut-n-paste. [hammer]

Just made it happen locally on my hard drive.
Right-click your "launcher.bat" and under the "Program" tab set Run: to "Minimized"->Apply->OK. Regards,

oldman3.gif

Thank you! [pc2]It did pop up, but just for a sec. I guess I can live with that.

But thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it![wavey]

Well... If you followed my procedure, you shouldn't see it at all!
What does your "launcher.bat" look like?
If you right-click the .bat again, is it still running Minimized? Regards,

oldman3.gif

Yes it's still running minimized.

I have 3 avi's that are being launched seperate from the exe, the first movie named jeff.avi launches fine and the little dos window goes away....but when the other two are launched, the little dos window is still there even when the run: minimized and the little box is checked that says 'close on exit'.....it doesn't close. it's still there.

The bat files for these are:

launcher2.bat
launcher3.bat

The play button says pretty much the same thing as the first launcher.bat

on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "launcher2.bat");
}

and

on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "launcher3.bat");
}

Do they have to be in a seperate folder to work? Have I totally confused you? TexanBetty

[rockband]

TexanBetty - I thoroughly enjoyed all the little guys in your responses. It made my day at work worthwhile. Where did you get these, or did you develop them yourself?????

I wish I could take credit for these. They make me chuckle every time I see them.

If you click on the smilie link at the bottom of a post you can see all of the different smilies that are available.[wiggle] TexanBetty

[rockband]

I wanted to see the content of the batch files themselves, not your buttons' script! Regards,

oldman3.gif

launcher.bat says:

START jeff.avi
============================
launcher2.bat says:

START testing.avi
launcher3.bat says:

START nightmare.avi
do they need to be in their own folders? do I need to put a
./ infront of them?

TexanBetty

[rockband]

No, they can all be in the fscommand sub-folder...

And nothing seems wrong with them... Unless...

One last question! What OS are you on? Regards,

oldman3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back