Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mousewheel scrolling to next record

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimati

Programmer
Sep 28, 2007
US
OK, So I've seen the demos all over the internet about the mousewheel.dll, and getting that setup in the load event and close event of the form. That works great for windows xp, but I have vista x64 and the dll won't register. So, I still need to stop the mousewheel from moving to the next record. Any ideas?

Is there a way just to prevent moving to next or previous records? Maybe like a cancelevent option?

Any help would be great.

Where are all you smart people at?

yeah, that uses the mousewheel.dll, which won't register with vista (x64)

The site says:

The MouseHook DLL is a standard Windows DLL. Do not try to Register it or set a Reference to it from within Access.

I've installed Leban's hack on a number of systems without ever having to register the DLL. The only thing to remember is to place the DLL in the same directory as the database. His literature states that this is sometimes necessary, but I just do it and forget about it.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

That mousetrap from papwaler.com works great for windows xp, but again, the ocx won't register in vista x64.

Let's forget about the mousewheel for a second. Maybe there is a way just to prevent the user from going to the next record, even if they click the next arrow. Is there a way to capture that event, maybe like a nextRecord event or something? Then I could just cancel that. Maybe it could know what the ID on the form is, then if it tries to move to a new record, the ID's won't match and it sends it back or something.

Any more suggestions?

Why are the users only allowed to access one record?

If I had my own icecream van the chimes would play "Don't fear the reaper"

They are opening a form to a filtered record from the parent form. I guess I could run a query as the recordsourse to only include the 1 record, but it is easier to just use the openfrom command with the filter option. Some of the the values on the new form opened refer to the parent form. If the user scroll to a different record, it won't match up with the parent form. The child form is long and has a scroll bar, so the user thinks they can scroll down to see the rest of the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back