Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mouseOver to enlarge picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

COIS2004

MIS
Apr 7, 2004
GB
i have a picture in flash (curently shape and not specific symbol). How can i make it so when the user puts the mouse over the image it enlarges to a specific size?

thanks

I.m not a big expert.
Change your picture into a button and in the over state make the picture biger

You could also make a tween so that the pic enlarges smoothly as opposed to a button which will make it jump to the size you want. Just take your movie clip named "mc" and a button names "button". don't fill in any of the button's stages (up, down, etc), except for the last one... on the last one (hit stage) make a square and make the alpha value 0 (makes it an invis button). then go to stage.. place the button behind your movie clip.
now for your movie clip, edit it & place a key frame on frame 1, 5 & 10... make a shape tween so that it grows from frames 1 to 5 and on frame 5 put this AS in the actions panel:

stop();

then using a shape tween, make the mc go back to its normal size from frames 6 to 10 and place this AS on frame 10:
stop();
Then go back to main stage and place this AS on the invisible button:

on (rollOver) {
tellTarget ("mc") {
gotoAndPlay(1);
}}
on (rollOut, dragOut) {
tellTarget ("button1") {
gotoAndPlay(6);
}}

this will make your movieclip tween nicely when cursor is over it & will make it shrink nicely when cursor moves off.

hope it helps
Jonathan

i tried the resize actions and it works once but when i mouse over and out again my image just changes back and forth without the tween.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back